Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Outside the Gates!


Speaking of freedom....

Last weekend, I finally got to go visit an orphanage! With my work on the ship, time outside the gates is truly limited, but I relish it! I went with a group to Fatima orphanage last Saturday to play with the children. We didn't have a "program", just an agenda to enjoy our time....and WE DID! Suddenly wishing I was good at coming up with games and songs spur of the moment, I wished my mother was here with me! You're so good at that, mom!:) But they had some games of their own, and my confusion over how the games were to be played probably only added to the fun for them:).




"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14



AMEN!

2 comments:

Andrea Withers said...

I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog! Thanks for sharing your stories and pictures with us. It makes me want to go, too.

Dad said...

Maybe "next time" you'll have to take your mom along (dad too????).