Sunday, April 20, 2008

Some Prayer Requests

Time is going by so fast here... and I feel the need to update as there has been a serious lack of blogging happening!  I am trying to get back in the groove:).  Things are going well on the Africa Mercy, and there are some things we could really use your prayers for!  So for those prayer warriors out there, THANK YOU, and here are a few specifics...

** We are extremely short staffed on nurses.  Our new schedule is reflective of this.  Please pray for more nurses to come (hint, hint.. nurse friends..) But for us here, please pray for endurance, joyful hearts, strength and stamina to do the work at hand and to do it well.  
** We have many patients with bad infections. Pray that God would do some miraculous works in healing them physically.  We have seen some miracles already.. lets keep praying for more!
** I am learning a new job as a charge nurse.  Some of you have been praying (THANK YOU!) and I will be doing more of this role in the weeks to come.  Please pray that I would be a quick learner and that God would guide me in this new position.
**God has opened a door for me to help with a Bible study at an orphanage in Monrovia each week.  It is with a group of 8 teenage girls, and we are going to be studying the book of John.  I am soooo excited for this opportunity... please pray that God would be present and glorified in these relationships that we are seeking to build with these precious girls!  Our first meeting is this coming Wednesday.  
** God has been teaching me PLENTY PLENTY (African way of saying A LOT) since I have been here!  Pray that I would have a soft heart to all He wants to do in me and that I would know Him more in all of these things.  What a great GOD we have!!

Thank you for your prayers, dear friends and family.  I love you and thank God for you.

Is anyone among you suffering?  He should pray.  Is anyone cheerful?  He should sing praises.  Is anyone among you sick?  He should call for the elders of the church, and they should pay over him... The prayer of faith will save the sick person, and the Lord will raise him up; and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.  Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed.  
The intense prayer of the righteous is very powerful.  
James 5:13-16

6 comments:

Patti Berry said...

Becky, How wonderful to see your blogs and the amazing witness you are for our Heavenly Father. I'm honored to be able to pray for you and your precious patients and team members. Not sure if you remember me, but I worked for your dad for a few years and just recently talked with him and got your blog address. Blessings on you and your work and witness !

Christian. G said...

Hi Becky.

I just visited your Blog, read the content. And can witness being a co-worker with you on the field here in Liberia that it is Consistent with your personal life.
I will pray for you.
Keep up the good work and expanding the Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Blessings. Christian.G

Stephen and Melanie said...

The Bible study at the orphanage will be so wonderful, I will be praying for you definately, glad to hear things are good even though they are stressful in some ways!!!

Payne said...

You are in my prayers my dear friend! Thank you so much for sharing what God is doing and how to specifically to be praying for you. One day at a time Becks! Love you sister.
HP :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! So great to get some updates! I will be praying! I mean, can i come and help even though I'm not a nurse! I mean we have plenty of nurse costumes in our skit closet at camp...i could put one on and try to play the part!
So amazing to know God continues to do impossible things through the ministry of mercy ships! So glad you are a part of that! I can only imagine how much your heart beems for your Savior there and how evident that is to all you encounter! Wish I could see it with my own eyes.
Miss you and love you. Praying for you! May the Lord continue to use you as a vessel to bring glory to His name, change lives, and further His Kingdom!
You are amazing becks!
-fishbaugh

Rahn's Journey said...

I was directed to your blog by a friend of yours. I am in the mist of discovering God is God and that is all we need to know. You seem to know it well. Your blog is so touching, the fruit of your hands are so blessed. I join in prayer for the request you asked. Thank you for the faithfulness in serving.
Fran