Tuesday, August 19, 2008

O PRAISE Him...

Today I went to a dress ceremony on the ward.  I have been working with our patients who have come to have fistula repairs that cause them to leak urine.  The hope is that the surgery will result in these ladies no longer leaking urine.  And when the surgery is a success, we have a celebration!  I love these women.  And my heart swelled today as I watched five of them... five women who have lived with embarrassment, with shame, with ridicule, with separation from family and friends... today stand and give their testimony of HEALING....  One of them had had this problem for 21 years.  I cannot comprehend.  Our God has done a most precious and intimate thing for these women.  So today I stand in awe of a God who is committed to our healing.  His timing is different than ours... but He does not give up on us.  He is patient beyond our understanding.  He is UNDERSTANDING beyond our understanding.  Today I am reminded that He DOES heal.  He will HEAL.  Wait for Him.  Be strong, and take heart, and WAIT FOR THE LORD...

No comments: