Friday, November 30, 2007

Bon Voyage!!

WE LEFT LIBERIA TODAY!!! wow!! it is hard to believe. I was sitting about to post a blog this morning at about 11:45...our estimated departure time was noon...and admittedly I did not anticipate that we would be on time :) hee hee..but we were!! so now this is the post-departure blog.
These past couple of weeks have been full of good-bye's, good-bye parties, the ward clearing out, patients going home, packing, cleaning, securing, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Yep. Lot's o cleaning. And in the midst of it all, was a scary few days where a good friend of mine became ill with malaria. I mass emailed many of you, but am sure that it was not all-inclusive, as I was in quite a rush. But I again thank you for the many prayers on behalf of my friend, and she is now safely in Germany being cared for there, and all reports sound as though she is making improvements. Praise God for that!
So, we are SAILING!! or rather rocking....rocking rocking rocking. If I thought this ship rocked while we were in port...well, I had another thing coming. We all look like a bunch of drunken sailors walking around here as the ship maintains its constant back and forth motion!! Pray we don't all get sea sick!
IF I am spared from too much motion sickness, I really do hope to catch up a bit on some blogging, and post some pictures from the last couple of weeks. I am sad I have not had more time to keep up with it all, and I hope I can make up for it a bit in the next few days!!
I hope you are all well, and I am so excited to reconnect with many of you in this next month!! God bless and keep you all!

2 comments:

Karen said...

You are beautiful my friend. Love all the recent pictures. hope your sea legs are kicking in! I can't imagine...I don't do well in long car trips! :) You are in my thoughts and prayers today-- looking forward to our time in January. Hope your continued travels go well and Jesus continues to guide your precious feet.
Love, K

Andrea Withers said...

Just wanted you to know that I'm enjoying your blogs and your photos! Thanks for writing...and good luck with the sail!